We’re located in the middle of opportunity
Here we are — in the middle of everything that is best about Wisconsin. Time is always on our side because the people, experiences and places that comprise our lives are within easy reach. It’s what we call Living on Wisconsin Central Time. Moving easily from one place to another — home, work, school, lake, bike trails, downhill ski runs, theater, restaurant. Shifting easily from one mode to another — working, studying, living and playing. Leading lives that are balanced and full of opportunity that is just around the corner.
Just what are those easy-to-reach opportunities and assets?
- Get outside. Just walk out the door and you’re surrounded by lakes, forests, bike and hike trails, downhill and cross-country runs, rivers, campgrounds. Hop in the car for a short trip and you’re enjoying the Northwoods recreational communities of Wisconsin.
- Enjoy the arts. Theater, ballet, movies, art shows, museums, balloon fests, outdoor and indoor concerts — every community has unique artistic offerings.
- Eat a great meal. We’re home to a diverse selection of restaurants, microbreweries and local businesses that specialize in fine cheeses, organic and locally grown and produced foods.
- Be entertained. It’s not all fine dining. We have an eclectic nightlife for all ages — from Blues Fests and weekend polkas, to cocktail bars and microbreweries.
- Feel safe. There are no strangers here. Our diverse, close-knit communities welcome and watch over everyone.
- Spend wisely. We’re urban enough to have the amenities of larger communities, but rural enough to have a comfortable cost of living.
- Work hard, play hard. We can’t deny our reputation for having a no-nonsense workforce that gets the job done. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun — especially when our amenities are within easy reach.
- Get ahead. We value education — and the educational institutions here are top-rate and diverse. We also reward hard work, initiative and innovation. We’re home to some high profile businesses — Aspirus, Eastbay, Colby Cheese, Greenheck, Marshfield Clinic, Ruder Ware and WPS . Our businesses are internally and externally collegial, presenting greater opportunities for entrepreneurs, employees and leaders.
- Go urban. We’re just a short drive away from Minneapolis, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago.