Marathon County, WI. Microbusiness $5,000.00 Grants.
Available to Microbusinesses Businesses Located Throughout Marathon County, WI. – Outside of the City of Wausau, WI.
Businesses must be based in Marathon County, Wisconsin – Outside of the City of Wausau, Wisconsin and suffered financial losses as a result of circumstances stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic may now apply for the Marathon County, WI. $5,000.00 microbusiness grant to restart and/or maintain operations from loss of revenue and additional expenses due to COVID-19.
The award for the Marathon County Microbusiness grant is a one-time only award of $5,000.00.
The grant is for Marathon County-based businesses to assist with payroll, marketing, rent/lease payments, utility bills, inventory, and health and safety improvements to businesses (See application for complete listing). Applicant can have received other COVID-19 assistance but CAN NOT use these funds for duplication of services. Duplication of Services refers to identical services provided during identical time periods.
Criteria for business eligibility to receive the grant include:
- Business must have been in operation as of March 25, 2020.
- Business MUST be physically located and operate in Marathon County, Wisconsin.
- This grant is not available to nonprofit organizations, franchises, property management, leasing and/or real estate businesses.
- Business must either have been closed as nonessential or had operations severely limited by the State of Wisconsin Safer-at-Home orders.
- Business must have 5 or fewer employees. Working owner counts as an employee.
- Low-to-moderate income (LMI) MUST be met to receive the grant.
- Business Owner(s) is/are LMI. If two or more owners, 51% of owners must be LMI. OR
- 51% of total employees are LMI.
- Business certification of LMI must be maintained through the time of application, awarding, and receiving grant funds.
- Ag, Home-based businesses, independent contractors, and sole proprietor firms are eligible if they meet requirements.
- All listed supporting documentation is required and the grant request will not be processed without them.
- Eligibility does not guarantee a grant will be awarded. MCDEVCO, Inc. or Marathon County, WI. may modify, condition or deny any request in its sole discretion.
MCDEVCO, Inc. will award grants on a first-come basis per applicant meeting all criteria until the funds are depleted. Applications can be filled out here online, by calling MCDEVCO at 715.298.0084 or email email@example.com for a paper copy.